Amarena Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
Flavor & Enjoyment
You'll experience strong Amarena cherry aroma and flavor (almonds, roses, cedar, spices), which dominate and then yield to the dark, rich balsamic vinegar finish making this an outstanding addition to meats and spicy dishes. Pork, duck, and venison are especially (but not exclusively) recommended.
About this Product
Amarena cherries are small wild morello-type cherries found in Ferrara, a province that shares a border with Modena in Emilia-Romagna. [I've included a map in the photo section for reference.] The wild Amarena cherry was cultivated and popularized in the early 20th century by the Fabbri family, and today these succulent jewels are grown in Bologna and Modena, too. The Amarena variety are the darlings of barmen, pastry chefs, and home cooks in-the-know around the world and, as a local variety, it is only natural that they’d find their way into Aceto Balsamico as they have here.
- 375 ml bottle / 25 servings
- 45 calories per serving
- Free from any added sugars, colors, or stabilizers
- 4% acidity
- Light sediment may be present and marks the product's genuineness.
- Consume within 3 years of opening
- Store in a dry, dark, and cool place for optimal quality
- Made in Modena using traditional artisan methods
- Imported, then bottled in the USA for American Olive Farmer
Cooked grape must (Lambrusco, Sangiovese, and Trebbiano varieties), barrel aged red wine vinegar, Amarena cherry, natural flavor. Sulfites are naturally occurring.